- First day with a 30-second commute, instead of a 30-minute one.
- First day where getting to my desk didn't require a badge and several security checks.
- First day writing software for citizens instead of soldiers.
- First day writing free software full-time.
- First day working for Novell.
Plus...I've always wanted to take my dogs to work! ;-) Working from home is...interesting.
Oh, and another first: this is the first day where I've been allowed to take a picture of my work area! Behold!
Just imagine a bowl of cereal by my headphones, a dog under the desk, and OpenSUSE on my awesome company-provided 24" LCD, and you'll see what I see right now.