Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time for a litl change

Last week was my last with Novell.

This week is my first with litl.

new toys

Novell was a great place to work and I recommend it to anyone. I will miss the Mono Accessibility team, but the beauty of being an open source project is that I can just pop into IRC or review some code on ReviewBoard when I'm feeling nostalgic.

At litl, I'll be working with Brad and his crack team to make the channel experience EVEN MORE AWESOME.

If you're wondering "what will the impact be on Tomboy/Snowy/etc?", the answer is that you can expect more polish on the Mac version of Tomboy now that I'll be dogfooding it every day. And it looks like I'll be switching Snowy to use lxml. Nothing else should change. I still intend to be as involved in GNOME as Stewie will let me. ;-)


12 comments:

Neil J. Patel said...

Congrats!

Vincent Untz said...

Sad for Novell, good for litl :-) We'll miss you, but since you'll still be around, that will be okay ;-)

jorge said...

Good luck Sandy, good to hear you're not going far!

(Hah, you'll never escape Brad!)

Benoit said...

Congrats on your new job!

Keep rocking to make Tomboy Online an awesome note taking experience.

Mario Carrion said...

Congratulations! :-) We'll miss you around.

Kalle Persson said...

Woho! The litl looks like a nice product and can use some of your awesomeness. Glad to hear that Tomboy on OS X will get more love!

Stormy said...

Congratulations! Have fun at Litl - I'm sure you'll do great things.

Sander D said...

Nice, congratulations on the job! Great stuff seems to be happening there. I have yet to see my first live litl webbook, but by the time it's released here in the Netherlands it will surely contain an awesome note taking app. :-)

Andreas Nilsson said...

They force you to use OS X at work? Yuck! ;)

On more serious matters. Congratulations on the new job! Rock litl!

knocte said...

congrats!

Is your new team using Mono?

Sandy said...

Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome. :-)

@jorge escape was never my intent

@mario ditto, I was super-lucky to work with you guys

@andreasn actually a lot of people have ThinkPads, but I'm on the channel team, and since we have a Flash SDK I figured I should be on a platform with better tooling for that. Also, I plan on working away from the house more often (baby), so decent battery life became a requirement. Believe me, Ubuntu is smooth like butter in vmware fusion on my i7 MacBook Pro :-P

@knocte this job's not mono-related, though I could see places where mono could be useful in the future

Rodrigo Moya said...

Sorry for the delay, but congrats! and good luck/fun on your new job