- I can has source!
- No need to print from Google Maps when I leave the house.
- Better reception in my house with T-Mobile than I had with AT&T.
- ConnectBot SSH client works great with my screen+irssi setup.
- Used ShopSavvy at Sports Authority yesterday to convince Ellery it was worth getting her a shiny new pair of rollerblades. Hold phone up to barcode, see local and online price comparisons.
- Used Shazam to find out what's playing on the radio. Hold phone up to speaker, wait a few seconds, prompted with all the info you could desire, including a link to download via phone at Amazon MP3 store.
- Unlock screen shows when my alarm is set to go off.
- Keyboard surprisingly comfortable to use.
- Camera image quality decent.
- Easier than I thought to patch HAL (or just edit .is_audio_player) so that G1 Just Works in Banshee:
- My thumbs are a bit fat to use on the touch screen (I have somewhat-deformed wide thumbs). So, no one-handed use.
- No visual voice mail.
- When interacting with a phone service, like voicemail, and you are prompted to enter digits, I go into freak-out mode, because I look at the screen and it is blank, so I have to unlock, then find the dialer so I can hit a number, which can be kind of tricky depending on how the call started. I can probably flip out the keyboard and use that, but as I said, I'm in a panic.
- Not sure how to carry this thing. It comes with a sleeve/pouch/thingy, and for now I put it in there and then in my pocket, but now it takes two hands and an extra few seconds to answer my phone. What do people do? I'm used to having a crappy phone that can live in the same pocket as keys and other dangerous items!
- Camera slow, worthless in low-light situations.
Really looking forward to Tomdroid!